Business development and project management within events, hospitality and catering on the 16,500 acre Cowdray Estate
- Accountable for 11 separate enterprises across the Estate, including 3 x exclusive use venues, holiday accommodation, golf and polo catering, outdoor events and filming.
- Launched two new ventures on the estate (The Walled Garden events venue and Cowdray Catering Limited) to secure long-term brand alignment and an enhanced offering to guests.
- Designed, produced and executed the Sales and Marketing Strategy for Cowdray Events Limited.
- Identified and implemented 3 new software systems (Salesforce CRM, Clock Property Management System and Lightspeed EPOS) that improved working efficiencies, delivered an enhanced customer experience and reduced operating costs.
- Increased revenues and profitability across Cowdray House over a 24 month period.
Business transformation across a 4,000 acre estate owned by the Earl and Countess of Devon.
- Accountable for developing new strategic and operational functions across the organisation to enable the turnaround of a long established, multi-faceted business.
- Reinvigoration of long-term vision across all departments, including a new marketing strategy and event development programme. Increased visitor numbers by 5.4% and improved estate profitability through targeted marketing, enhanced brand visibility and greater control of costs.
- Generated new income streams through grant funding and commercial development. Planned, facilitated and managed the filming of a BBC 1 series with Mary Berry (aired Winter 17’) and delivered large scale events, including rock/pop concerts, music, garden and food festivals, bringing in a new audience of over 60,000 people within a 6 month period.
Extensive property and estate attracting over 250,000 visitors per annum across a 1,300 acre site
- Responsible for the strategic and operational success of portfolio comprising of 20 significant historic buildings, 90 tenanted cottages, 4 farms, 9 holiday cottages and 6 retail & catering units. Lead a team of 85 staff and 250 volunteers.
- Grew revenue across each business line to deliver a 14% increase in profits in third year through the implementation of a high performing, lean-focused operating model and increasing profit margins across core functions. Principal member of the Regional Procurement Board, with a mandate to find £0.5m of efficiency savings through intelligent purchasing.
- Built a new operating framework underpinned by enhanced internal communication, collaboration and greater training opportunities. This subsequently improved productivity and significantly reduced duplication across the site. As a result, staff attrition reduced to below 5%.
- Successfully delivered a £2.7m infrastructure development project across the site to significantly improve the standard of accommodation and business infrastructure across the estate. In turn, this brought the portfolio in line with current UK regulations and generated increased revenue from estate lettings.
European Divisional Management Headquarters of Tier 1 investment bank
- Responsible for securing and managing a £5m divisional budget across 7 European cost centres. Analysis and delivery of key performance metrics to Morgan Stanley Senior Management and EMEA Non-Executive Directors. Successfully implemented a 13% reduction in annual expenditure through a comprehensive review of regional policies and outsourcing practices.
- Delivery of change management programmes and policy updates, including orchestrating a review of global expenditure procedures and authorisation entitlements. Restructured quarterly audits and external contract delivery across Europe to improve cost accountability.
- Leading internal efficiency and performance reviews throughout Operations departments. Most notably identifying legacy business units for restructuring resulting ca. £1.1m cost saving to the Firm.
- Principal member of the European Business Plan Committee, developing and delivering against Commercial, Technology and People goals across the Operations division.
- Operational Training Manager (UK Task Force),
- Senior Intelligence Asset Manager (Multinational Headquarters),
- Regimental Operations Officer (2RTR)
BSc (Hons) Archaeology (inc Business Studies and Marketing) - 2004
- 2:1, University of Edinburgh
Financial Accounting for Non-Accountants (Bristol Management Centre) - 2012
- Recording and reporting financial information, management accounting and budgeting, control of cost / cost accounting, procurement, financial forecasting. Achieved a Distinction in course exam
PRINCE2 Practitioner - 2012
- Project start up and initiation, strategic procurement, quality assurance, risk and change management, progress analysis, project closure / handover, programme management.
Success in Operational Management (Bristol Management Centre) - 2012
- Performance and quality management, insight into Lean and Six-Sigma, employment law and EU & UK legislation, HR management, change management, personnel feedback mechanisms.
Army Staff and Leadership School - 2008
- ILM accredited Coaching and Mentoring award level 2.